Position Details: looking for a Qlikview Developer in the Bridgewater, NJ
The IT BI team is part of the Information Management department. The mission of the team is to provide employees and partners with insights about businesses. This position will have responsibilities to develop and maintain solutions to meet their needs. The position requires someone with vast experience in every phase of the user experience lifecycle, inclusive of UI technologies. Primary Job Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Develop user interfaces for new or existing web applications.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
- Collaborate effectively with peers and all stakeholders.
- Partner with architects and adhere to architecture strategy.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of progress, status and issues.
- Partner with Digital Design Center in the strategy to ensure consistency for all the applications developed by the BI team.
- Ensure that UI/UX standards are met and work with Digital Design Center on the expansion of those standards.
- Work independently and provide support to team leader including triaging incoming work requests and production issues.
- IT Industry Knowledge
- Solid 5+ years of experience in developing and deploying/publishing Microsoft .NET web based applications.
- Solid working experience with versioning tools such as TFS, Git, Mercurial and SVN.
- Expert knowledge building a single/multiple page web application.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and programming concepts.
- Solid understanding of DOM and other W3C standards.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Sound knowledge of Java and hands on experience working on Java based web applications.
- Experience working with wireframe software such as Balsamiq and Axure.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop is a plus
- Experience in Qlik Sense mashups is a plus
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a matrixed team environment.
- Strive to promote strong cross-team and cross-area collaboration through open dialogue and cooperation.
- Be invested in the success of all team members and always ready to support and assist.
- Help to foster positive morale and team collaboration in the BI team.
- Advocate and promote BI standards, processes and tools.
- Share industry and market intelligence as well as digital technology research and trends.
- Act as a subject matter expert in relevant areas of digital technology and provide consultative support to team members, business partners, and other corporate groups.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 5+ years web design and/or UI development experience.
- 5+ years Microsoft .NET web development.
- 5+ years web design utilizing SDLC methodologies and practices.
- Experience in the following:
- Web Content Management systems
- Web Metrics and Analytics
- Web Site Search tools and methods
- Broad knowledge and passion for digital technology, including web-based products & services, mobile devices & apps, and social media.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive self-starter who demonstrates a high level of productivity.
- Financial services industry experience is a plus.