Position Details: Opening for C2C : Sr. QA Engineer : Mooresville, NC
Title: Sr. QA Engineer
Hope you doing great today.
We have an opening for below role for C2C.
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
City: Mooresville, North CarolinaRemarks:
This is a Senior QA Automation Engineer role. This is a purely technical role. Lowe's is moving some of its hosted web presence and e-commerce engine to the Cloud. This role will be used to automate regression test scripts to make sure migrated apps continue to work. They will work on an Agile team and with 3 developers they will be responsible for testing their work.
Skype interview selection fine. Working on-site in Mooresville 100% M-F, no remote.
Must Haves: Selenium Automated Testing experience Hands-on development of automation scripts, ability to look at the code, make small changes 5 - 6 years overall experience in Testing Experience providing 100% End to End testing coverage on all code Nice to Haves: Agile testing experience, process knowledge Java Quick Starter Framework REST Assured Framework e-commerce testing experience Comments: Please NO MANUAL TESTERS to this role.
Going from a manual tester to a test automation engineer that masters Selenium is a very difficult goal.
Test automation engineers that master Selenium is usually software developers in test.
Meaning professional developers.
See the following: https://test-able.blogspot.com/2015/08/how-much-java-do-i-need-to-learn-for-selenium.html Description:
- Includes all the requirements of a QA Engineer
- Assists in the development of the software quality assurance (SQA) test strategy for moderately to highly complex IT initiatives across multiple SQA domains by analyzing business and technology requirements to ensure testability and traceability;
- collaborating with cross-functional IT and business stakeholders to review and approve the overall testing approach;
- verifying the validation of test data and environment requirements
- Provides end-to-end quality assurance throughout the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for moderately to highly complex IT initiatives in multiple SQA domains by developing and executing front- and/or back-end test cases and scenarios in accordance with the GQS framework and company testing methodology;
- collaborating with cross‑functional IT teams to gain buy-in and approval of test plans;
- tracking software quality metrics across testing phases (e.g., SIT, Performance, UAT, Automation, Production Validation);
- managing the software defect life cycle;
- participating in root cause analysis of identified defects;
- enforcing entry and exit criteria throughout the SDLC;
- identifying and escalating quality risks, issues, conflicts, and/or resistance across teams throughout the SDLC;
- Assists in the development of software quality assurance (SQA) project plans for moderate to highly complex projects by participating in the identification of project scope and level‑of‑effort (LOE) estimates;
- assisting management to identify necessary resources and associated skill-sets required to deliver project objectives;
- identifying training needs and mentoring junior team members as appropriate
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and 6+ years experience in SQA or related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
Minimum 2+ years experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
Master's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field preferred
Quality Assurance Institute (QAI) or American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification preferred
An institution of Electrical Engineering (IEEE), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), or Six Sigma certification preferred
3+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization preferred.
3+ years of experience working with third-party IT vendors preferred
4+ years of IT experience in the retail industry preferred
4+ years of experience working on a project(s) involving the implementation of a software development life cycle(s) (SDLC).
3+ years of experience writing technical documentation in a software testing or quality assurance environment.
Scope for Request:
Hands-on experience Selenium and automation framework. Ideal if the candidate has eCommerce experience.
Provides end-to-end quality assurance throughout the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for assigned IT initiatives by developing and executing front- and/or back-end test cases and scenarios in accordance with the GQS framework and company testing methodology
Tracks software quality metrics across testing phases (e.g., SIT, Performance, UAT, Automation, Production Validation)
Assists in the management of the software defect life cycle; participates in root cause analysis of identified defects; enforces entry and exit criteria throughout the SDLC with guidance from senior team members as appropriate; identifies and escalates quality risks, issues, and conflicts throughout the SDLC; provides daily test execution metrics to IT teams and management as appropriate
This is a hands-on automation engineer role. Need to have 5 years + experience automating the using Selenium or any other automation framework.